COPD is a chronic lung disease usually caused from years of smoking. Symptoms include: shortness of breath, coughing and decreased energy. Your doctor may have prescribed medications to help manage your breathlessness caused by COPD.
You will meet individually with a Respiratory Educator at the Algonquin FHT offices in the Howland Building. Appointments are booked for one hour. Follow-up appointments are available and are encouraged. Some of the information you can expect to discuss include:
- What is Asthma? What is COPD?
- Medications and how they work-includes a review of inhalers and techniques
- Identify your asthma triggers and develop strategies to avoid them
- Development of an Asthma or COPD Action Plan and how your Action Plan can help you manage your lung disease.
- Living Well with Asthma or COPD
Breath of Muskoka Registration Information
People who are patients of the Algonquin FHT and are living with asthma or COPD can refer themselves or their doctor/nurse practitioner can refer them for respiratory health education.
There is no fee charged for Breath of Muskoka, however the hospital charges a $5.00 parking fee at the Howland Building, payable by cash only.
For more information contact Valerie Booker, Administrative Assistant at Link: Phone Number for Breath Of Muskoka (click to call) 705-787-0846 x200 or email email@example.com
Breath of Muskoka Respiratory Health Program is based on the Canadian Respiratory Guidelines.