You will meet individually or as a couple with a Respiratory Educator at the Algonquin FHT offices in the Howland Building. Initial appointments are booked for an hour and follow-up appointments are usually ½ an hour. Some of the information you can expect to discuss includes:
- Review your smoking history
- Work with you to identify your smoking triggers and understand their role in a quit attempt
- Explore your reasons for quitting
- Learn about nicotine addiction and withdrawal
- Learn about the smoking cessations aids that can help you be successful
Breath of Muskoka Registration Information
People who are patients of the Algonquin FHT and want assistance to help them quit smoking can refer themselves or their doctor/nurse practitioner can refer them for smoking cessation counseling. Referral to the nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) clinic requires a referral from your doctor or nurse practitioner.
There is no fee charged for Breath of Muskoka, however the hospital charges a $5.00 parking fee at the Howland Building, payable by cash only.
Breath of Muskoka Respiratory Health Program is based on the Canadian Respiratory Guidelines and the CAN-ADAPTT Canadian Smoking Cessation Guideline.