Current positions available:
Algonquin Family Health Team – Seeking Volunteer Director for Three Year Term
Algonquin Family Health Team (AFHT) is a team of inter-professional health care providers and Family Physicians in Huntsville who provide health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic disease management programs and services to more than 20,000 people. The AFHT is currently seeking a volunteer Director to serve on our Board for a three-year term.
We are seeking a qualified candidate who has demonstrated skills in:
- Community Involvement
Experience in using a local health system as a patient, family, or caregiver is an asset. Directors must be 18 years of age or more without an un-discharged bankruptcy, and without a criminal record.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com by December 31st, 2019.
Family Physicians seeking a diverse practice in beautiful Muskoka!
Huntsville is in the heart of Muskoka. Known for the region’s stunning landscape and waterways, it is a permanent home to 20, 000 residents, and a haven for nearly 85, 000 seasonal residents and nearly 2.1 million visitors annually. The town has endless outdoor activities to offer in all seasons, and has a thriving arts community. It is a beautiful and vibrant community to live , work and raise a family in.
Huntsville physicians enjoy a collegial work environment with supportive family physician colleagues, specialists and interdisciplinary health professionals. Our family physicians work in a FHO model and within the Algonquin Family Health Team (AFHT). The AFHT offers palliative and geriatric care teams, smoking cessation, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes prevention, mental health counselling and dietician services. There are office locations located on the Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare (MAHC) hospital site as well as in downtown Huntsville. We are committed to supporting care for everyone in our community. As such, our family practices include office-based care and hospital care for our own admitted patients and for orphan patients on a rotating basis. There are opportunities to work in ER, long term care, anesthesia and as surgical assist. We are currently in particular need of Family Physicians with Obstetrics to provide low-risk obstetrial care.
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare – Huntsville site has 37 beds and includes a full time ER department, surgical services, ICU, chemotherapy, and dialysis. We are also supported by our general internists, gastroenterolgist, physiatrist, neurologist, sports medicine specialists, urology, GP-OB and GP-anesthesia.
More of the Huntsville Advantage:
- Office support – our turnkey offices are fully electronic and utilize Practice Solutions (Telus) with IT support within the AFHT.
- Financial incentives – under the Northern & Rural Retention and Recruitment Initiative you may be eligible to receive $101 040.00 over 4 yrs.
- Supportive work environment – we take pride in being a part of a very collegial healthcare community of physicians and interdisciplinary health professionals
- Progressive – we have been recognized by the Ministry of Health and Long Term care for being proactive in our approach to maintain quality and sustainable health services in our area.
- Teaching opportunities – we are a popular rotation and consistently receive the highest reviews from Nothern Ontario School of Medicine clerks and residents (family medicine, internal medicine and surgery)
- Live in Cottage Country all year round! – We have endless lakes to enjoy in the summer, beautiful fall colours, excellent nordic and alpine ski facilities and an abundance of camping and hiking in our provincial parks.
If you are interested in joining our physician team, please contact:
Dr. Melanie Mar
Lead Physician for Algonquin Family Health Team
Co-Chair for MAHC Family Practice Committee