Employment opportunities available:
Registered Dietitian (Part-Time)
The Algonquin Family Health Team (AFHT) provides patient-focused primary care, services, and preventative programs in harmony with our family physicians and nurse practitioners to support the wellness of our community.
We are currently seeking a part-time Dietitian.
The Dietitian will provide dietary services to patients as part of an interdisciplinary team of primary care health professionals. The Dietitian will be expected to function within his/her full scope of practice.
- Provide one-to-one counselling to patients to assess client nutritional status by gaining an understanding of food habits or preferences, socio-economic and cultural background, psychological factors and medical profile.
- Develop, implement and evaluate individualized nutritional care plans for patients, considering literacy, language, cultural and psycho-social factors.
- Act as a nutrition resource to the AFHT staff.
- Ensures continuity of care by maintaining up-to-date medical records, monitoring clients on a regular basis and case conferencing with other members of the health care team as required.
- Manage statistics and quality as required.
- Promote effective staff functioning and teamwork by participating in committees of the AFHT as requested.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) certification preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Food and Nutrition and completion of an accredited Dietetic Internship program (preferably with a community focus or equivalent approved experience).
- Registration with the College of Dietitians of Ontario.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the impact of social, economic, environmental and cultural issues in diet and nutrition.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (i.e. verbal and written).
- Familiarity with client-centered and self-management approaches to chronic disease prevention and management would be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment to team based primary health care.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Willingness to travel between main site and other locations as needed.
- Registered Dietitian: 2 years (preferred)
- English (required)
Application Deadline: Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to: Donna Hildebrand by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday, September 27th, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Family Physicians seeking a diverse practice in beautiful Muskoka!
Huntsville is in the heart of Muskoka. Known for the region’s stunning landscape and waterways, it is a permanent home to 20, 000 residents, and a haven for nearly 85, 000 seasonal residents and nearly 2.1 million visitors annually. The town has endless outdoor activities to offer in all seasons, and has a thriving arts community. It is a beautiful and vibrant community to live , work and raise a family in.
Huntsville physicians enjoy a collegial work environment with supportive family physician colleagues, specialists and interdisciplinary health professionals. Our family physicians work in a FHO model and within the Algonquin Family Health Team (AFHT). The AFHT offers palliative and geriatric care teams, smoking cessation, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes prevention, mental health counselling and dietician services. There are office locations located on the Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare (MAHC) hospital site as well as in downtown Huntsville. We are committed to supporting care for everyone in our community. As such, our family practices include office-based care and hospital care for our own admitted patients and for orphan patients on a rotating basis. There are opportunities to work in ER, long term care, anesthesia and as surgical assist. We are currently in particular need of Family Physicians with Obstetrics to provide low-risk obstetrial care.
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare – Huntsville site has 37 beds and includes a full time ER department, surgical services, ICU, chemotherapy, and dialysis. We are also supported by our general internists, gastroenterolgist, physiatrist, neurologist, sports medicine specialists, urology, GP-OB and GP-anesthesia.
More of the Huntsville Advantage:
- Office support – our turnkey offices are fully electronic and utilize Practice Solutions (Telus) with IT support within the AFHT.
- Financial incentives – under the Northern & Rural Retention and Recruitment Initiative you may be eligible to receive $101 040.00 over 4 yrs.
- Supportive work environment – we take pride in being a part of a very collegial healthcare community of physicians and interdisciplinary health professionals
- Progressive – we have been recognized by the Ministry of Health and Long Term care for being proactive in our approach to maintain quality and sustainable health services in our area.
- Teaching opportunities – we are a popular rotation and consistently receive the highest reviews from Nothern Ontario School of Medicine clerks and residents (family medicine, internal medicine and surgery)
- Live in Cottage Country all year round! – We have endless lakes to enjoy in the summer, beautiful fall colours, excellent nordic and alpine ski facilities and an abundance of camping and hiking in our provincial parks.
If you are interested in joining our physician team, please contact:
Dr. Melanie Mar
Lead Physician for Algonquin Family Health Team
Co-Chair for MAHC Family Practice Committee