2 Employment opportunities available:
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) – LUNG HEALTH PROGRAMS – 4 days/week
Living, working, and playing in Muskoka means having the best of everything! Our towns and townships are hubs for business, leisure and recreation activities and our cherished and pristine natural environment is world-renowned. Our family-friendly communities are vibrant and welcoming. All of this makes Muskoka the ideal place to live, work, and play.
The RN Lung Health Programs will:
- Be an integral part of the Family Health Teams, working with other members of the teams to ensure that high quality patient care is provided to all patients;
- Provide a broad range of nursing services to patients, families and the community including direct patient care, patient education, counseling, referral of patients to appropriate agencies, and the coordinator of patient care services;
- Assist in the development of health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic condition management programs and services with a particular emphasis on lung health programs;
- Conduct assessment/education patient appointments;
- Lead group education/rehab sessions;
- Promote awareness of chronic disease management programs, services, and protocols;
- Participate in the tracking and evaluation of programs;
- Attend continuing education;
- Involve patients in decisions about their care;
- Encourage patients to take action for their own health;
- Participate as a member of the joint AFHT and CCFHT program teams.
- Organized and coordinated in scheduling and managing program time;
- Flexible and good with change;
- Excellent teamwork skills;
- Motivated to provide high quality health promotion, disease prevention, and chronic condition management programs and services;
- Good at brainstorming, trouble shooting and finding creative solutions;
- Skilled at addressing a group and at on-on-one counselling;
- Understand the importance of data collection;
- Skilled at understanding people and being empathetic.
- Registered Nurse member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing is an asset;
- Valid Ontario drivers’ license with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Experience in chronic disease management;
- Knowledge and application of best practices in chronic disease management;
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team;
- Evidence of individual and group teaching skills;
- Superior interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills;
- Superior teamwork skills;
- Superior compassion and patient centered approach;
- Experience in program development;
- Previous education/certification in smoking cessation, chronic disease management, respiratory educator, or COPD would be an asset.
Compensation and employment package commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter to: Donna Hildebrand by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than November 23, 2018
All responses will be handled with the strictest of confidence. Only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Family Physicians seeking a diverse practice in beautiful Muskoka
Huntsville is in the heart of Muskoka. Known for the region’s stunning landscape and waterways, it is a permanent home to 20, 000 residents, and a haven for nearly 85, 000 seasonal residents and nearly 2.1 million visitors annually. The town has endless outdoor activities to offer in all seasons, and has a thriving arts community. It is a beautiful and vibrant community to live , work and raise a family in.
Huntsville physicians enjoy a collegial work environment with supportive family physician colleagues, specialists and interdisciplinary health professionals. Our family physicians work in a FHO model and within the Algonquin Family Health Team (AFHT). The AFHT offers palliative and geriatric care teams, smoking cessation, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes prevention, mental health counselling and dietician services. There are office locations located on the Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare (MAHC) hospital site as well as in downtown Huntsville. We are committed to supporting care for everyone in our community. As such, our family practices include office-based care and hospital care for our own admitted patients and for orphan patients on a rotating basis. There are opportunities to work in ER, long term care, anesthesia and as surgical assist. We are currently in particular need of Family Physicians with Obstetrics to provide low-risk obstetrial care.
Muskoka Algonquin Healthcare – Huntsville site has 37 beds and includes a full time ER department, surgical services, ICU, chemotherapy, and dialysis. We are also supported by our general internists, gastroenterolgist, physiatrist, neurologist, sports medicine specialists, urology, GP-OB and GP-anesthesia.
More of the Huntsville Advantage:
- Office support – our turnkey offices are fully electronic and utilize Practice Solutions (Telus) with IT support within the AFHT.
- Financial incentives – under the Northern & Rural Retention and Recruitment Initiative you may be eligible to receive $101 040.00 over 4 yrs.
- Supportive work environment – we take pride in being a part of a very collegial healthcare community of physicians and interdisciplinary health professionals
- Progressive – we have been recognized by the Ministry of Health and Long Term care for being proactive in our approach to maintain quality and sustainable health services in our area.
- Teaching opportunities – we are a popular rotation and consistently receive the highest reviews from Nothern Ontario School of Medicine clerks and residents (family medicine, internal medicine and surgery)
- Live in Cottage Country all year round! – We have endless lakes to enjoy in the summer, beautiful fall colours, excellent nordic and alpine ski facilities and an abundance of camping and hiking in our provincial parks.
If you are interested in joining our physician team, please contact:
Dr. Melanie Mar
Lead Physician for Algonquin Family Health Team
Co-Chair for MAHC Family Practice Committee