Are you a patient/client, family member of caregiver of a patient/client?
Be a piece to help solve the puzzle!
Join the Muskoka and Area OHT, Patient Family Caregiver Partners Advisory Committee
The Muskoka and Area Ontario Health Team (MAOHT) is seeking community members to participate on the Patient Family Caregiver Partners Advisory Committee to help co-design a new model of health system integration with enhanced programs and service delivery.
What we are looking for:
- Patients/clients, caregivers, and family members who live within or are seasonal residents in the Muskoka, East Parry Sound and Almaguin Area
- People who have lived experience with the health care system and who are willing to passionately share their stories, insights, and ideas to help inform system changes and improve care delivery.
- Diversity of the population, which may include representation from: the mental health and addictions community, Indigenous Nations, the Francophone community, survivors of gender-based violence, LGBTQ2+ community, the dementia community, children and youth, persons with disabilities and visible minorities. Membership will evolve over time to reflect changes in MAOHT priorities and as we learn and grow.
As an Advisory Committee member, you will:
- Provide advice on how to achieve patient-centered health care within the local health system.
- Provide system-level guidance and recommendations to the MAOHT Collaboration Steering Committee and future Alliance Board to support the successful planning and implementation of strategic priorities.
- Act as a resource to and/or work in collaboration with MAOHT working groups and committees.
- Help address the impact of the pandemic on chronic disease management, mental health and well-being on senior and others.
- Promote initiatives to increase and sustain meaningful patient/client, family, caregiver engagement in the future.
- Actively participate in meetings four times/year and be involved in working groups (some financial compensation provided).
Interested in participating? Visit: https://www.engagemuskoka.ca/MAOHT and complete the Expression of Interest Application and submit it by Friday, February 19, 2021.
For more information: Contact Janine van den Heuvel at 705 787-0846 x203 or email@example.com
Muskoka COVID-19 Assessment Centres
Please click on the below Government of Ontario link for all information pertaining to COVID-19 testing in Muskoka:
For recommended best practices on COVID-19 visit the Simcoe-Muskoka Public Health Unit’s webpage at simcoemuskokahealth.org.
Here are some other Health Care related websites that may be of interest.
Apps to help track various health issues: https://practicalapps.ca/reviews/
Ontario Ministry of Health and Long Term Care: www.health.gov.on.ca
Muskoka Algonquin Health Care (Huntsville and Bracebridge Hospitals): www.mahc.ca
Canadian government site promoting physical activity: www.participaction.com
Community Mental Health Association: http://mps.cmha.ca/
Eat Right Ontario: www.eatrightontario.ca
Eat Right – Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: www.eatright.org
211 Ontario: www.211ontario.ca
Canadian Diabetes Association: www.diabetes.ca
Cancer Care Ontario: www.cancercare.on.ca/
Heart and Stroke Foundation of Ontario: www.heartandstroke.on.ca/
Heart and Stroke Foundation: www.heartandstroke.com
Simcoe-Muskoka Health Unit: www.simcoemuskokahealth.org
Dietitians of Canada: www.dietitians.ca
Pulse Canada: www.pulsecanada.com
Dr. Mike Evans – http://www.evanshealthlab.com/