Focus on Mental Health Report
According to the 2012 Focus on Mental Health Report from Colleges Ontario:
- 1 in 5 Canadians will experience mental illness or addiction issues
- These illnesses cost the economy more than $50 billion
- They cause 500,000 Canadians to miss work
- They are a major cause of disability
- The World Health Organization predicts that by 2020, depression will be the second most common health problem in the world
We’re here to help!
Our experienced practitioners offer short term adult, child, and youth counselling to address such issues as:
- Couple issues
See your AFHT physician or nurse practitioner for a referral to our program.
We work with other community agencies to try to ensure you get access to the most appropriate service. Unfortunately, we are not able to offer parenting capacity assessments, or testify on behalf of someone nor are we able to be involved in any court proceedings related to custody and care disputes.